About Bite Guards
A Bite Guard is a clear appliance that relaxes your jaw so that you can not grind or clench and protects your teeth from further damage that has been caused by previous bruxism issues.
Bite Guards can be worn at night while you sleep and may even be helpful during the day when you are stressed.
"Great facility and staff made for a pleasant dental experience. Everyone is very welcoming and takes the time to explain things to you and ensure your comfort. Definitely recommend Start Smiling Dental!"- L.W. / Google / Jul 24, 2017
"My whole family and I have been seeing Dr. Sayeg and team for over 20 years now and will never go anywhere else! They are like family and always make my dentists appointments easy, quick, and stress free. I strongly encourage anyone looking for a top notch Dentist in the Buckhead and Sandy Springs area to visit them!"- K.B. / Google / Nov 25, 2019
"I've never looked forward to seeing the dentist until I started going to Start Smiling! Dr. Corbett is a wonderful dentist and always greets you with a warm smile. She genuinely cares about her patients and does her best with you without rushing. The staff has been so helpful and courteous--I highly recommend this place!"- J.R. / Google / Nov 23, 2019
"Always a good experience."- K.J. / Google / Nov 23, 2019
"I’ve been going to Dr. Mark Sayeg since a friend referred him almost 15 years ago. The staff and environment are first-rate. One of the things that differentiates this practice is the level of care and involvement of Dr. Sayeg. I recently returned from a trip overseas and had a tooth that had become very sensitive. They worked me into their schedule then called to let me know of a cancellation if I was able to be there on short notice. After attending to my tooth, and recommending that we NOT pursue a root canal, Dr. Sayeg personally called the following week to insure that everything was okay. A great dental practice with great people!"- M.L. / Google / Nov 22, 2019
Benefits of a Bite Guard
- Relieves jaw soreness, and headaches associated with clenching/grinding
- Protects for your teeth from wearing down prematurely
- Can help relieve sensitivity to hot/cold in some cases
- Repositions your jaw so that you are not able to grind your teeth unconsciously
- Can be worn at night while you sleep or during stressful days
- See Dr. Sayeg for a complimentary consulation to see if a Bite Guard is right for you.
- If so, we will take impressions of your teeth so that a certified lab can make a custom-fitted bite guard for your mouth.
- Once your bite guard is ready, we will fit the appliance by adjusting the guard and sometimes your teeth to get the best, most comfortable fit.
- Any further adjustments needed are also included in the cost of your bite guard.
Some or all of the cost may be covered by dental insurance if it the patient has visible wear on their teeth from bruxism. Our office can confirm your benefits through your insurance to determine your out-of-pocket cost. For patient's without insurance or if your insurance does not cover your night guard, we accept many forms of payment and have financing plans available.
Plan Your Procedure
Guard Against Grinding
A custom night guard from your dentist can protect you from grinding and clenching your teeth at night and prevent you from waking up with a headache and mouth pain. Get a better night’s sleep and protect your teeth from future problems with a custom night guard.