About Bite Guards
A Bite Guard is a clear appliance that relaxes your jaw so that you can not grind or clench and protects your teeth from further damage that has been caused by previous bruxism issues.
Bite Guards can be worn at night while you sleep and may even be helpful during the day when you are stressed.
"Great facility and staff made for a pleasant dental experience. Everyone is very welcoming and takes the time to explain things to you and ensure your comfort. Definitely recommend Start Smiling Dental!"- L.W. / Google / Jul 24, 2017
"They did their work on a timely basis and informed me on what they would do for my teeth. It helped me better understand about my teeth."- H.J. / Google / Feb 18, 2021
"I’ve been a patient for over 22 years and wouldn’t change for anything! Dr. Sayeg and Tonya are my favorites!!"- J.B. / Google / Feb 12, 2021
"This office is great! Very clean, the staff is friendly and quick, and they make a dentist appointment about as comfortable and easy as possible. Highly recommend."- B. / Google / Feb 04, 2021
"I just had the best teeth cleaning I ever had thank you"- L.M. / Google / Jan 08, 2021
Benefits of a Bite Guard
- Relieves jaw soreness, and headaches associated with clenching/grinding
- Protects for your teeth from wearing down prematurely
- Can help relieve sensitivity to hot/cold in some cases
- Repositions your jaw so that you are not able to grind your teeth unconsciously
- Can be worn at night while you sleep or during stressful days
- See Dr. Sayeg for a complimentary consulation to see if a Bite Guard is right for you.
- If so, we will take impressions of your teeth so that a certified lab can make a custom-fitted bite guard for your mouth.
- Once your bite guard is ready, we will fit the appliance by adjusting the guard and sometimes your teeth to get the best, most comfortable fit.
- Any further adjustments needed are also included in the cost of your bite guard.
Some or all of the cost may be covered by dental insurance if it the patient has visible wear on their teeth from bruxism. Our office can confirm your benefits through your insurance to determine your out-of-pocket cost. For patient's without insurance or if your insurance does not cover your night guard, we accept many forms of payment and have financing plans available.
Plan Your Procedure
Guard Against Grinding
A custom night guard from your dentist can protect you from grinding and clenching your teeth at night and prevent you from waking up with a headache and mouth pain. Get a better night’s sleep and protect your teeth from future problems with a custom night guard.
A Pandemic, Stress, & Your Teeth
The COVID-19 Pandemic has caused a lot of stress which affects your teeth.Read
When a Tooth Ache is Caused by a Crack in Your Tooth
If you are experiencing a tooth ache, pain when you chew, or sensitivity to hot or cold when eating, you may have a cracked tooth. We can help!Read
Will Dental Insurance Cover the Treatment You Need?
We're happy to file your dental insurance and let them send the payment to our office! Give us a call and we can help you navigate your benefits.Read