Dental Fear & Anxiety
Whether you’ve had a scary dental office experience as a child or you simply were born with an inherent fear of the dentist, dental anxiety is real, common, and can keep you from having the healthy, beautiful smile that you want. Start Smiling Dental in Sandy Springs, GA can help. In fact, we specialize in it!
Overcoming Your Dentistry Fear Reviews
"It was my first time going to Dr. Sayeg. And it was great. I'm what he said is referred to as a "Fearful Patient" which I sure am. Dr. Sayeg and his team made every attempt to put me at ease with the process and with the procedure I was about to have. I only had my X-rays taken and my teeth cleaning done, and I felt very comfortable throughout and felt like I was in great hands with his team. I have a couple of fillings and a root canal to do and I'm Definitely gonna do it here...no doubt about it."- G.M. / Yelp / Jul 26, 2017
"I am absolutely terrified of the dentist, and I have been since I was a child. I was in a full blown anxiety attack when I walked into the office, but the minute I sat down with Dr. Sayeg, all that anxiety went away. We had a consult in his office to go over the issues I was having and also to talk about what has made me dislike (hate) the dentist in the past. He listened to my anxiety ridden ridiculousness and immediately talked me off the ledge. He assured me that he would ...keep me well informed throughout the appointment and if at any point anything was unbearably uncomfortable or gave me anxiety, he would stop and fix the issue. It was, by far, the most pleasant experience I have ever had. I have to go back for a root canal, and I'm actually looking forward to my next appointment. The entire staff was just wonderful. I cannot recommend them enough!!!"- B.L. / Facebook / Oct 04, 2017
"It is always a great experience. I used to really have a lot of anxiety about going to the dentist but they make me feel comfortable from the time I walk in the door. Trust me when they say painless, they truly mean it."- M.W. / Google / Nov 29, 2018
"My whole family and I have been seeing Dr. Sayeg and team for over 20 years now and will never go anywhere else! They are like family and always make my dentists appointments easy, quick, and stress free. I strongly encourage anyone looking for a top notch Dentist in the Buckhead and Sandy Springs area to visit them!"- K.B. / Google / Nov 25, 2019
"Start smiling is a wonderful dentist offering regular checkups w nitrous/tv/head phones for those who are looking for pain free dentistry, teeth whitening, bite support for those who might grit their teeth. They cater to all ages and are located on a side street right off of 285! Easy to get to and super accommodating. And I typically hate going to the dentist! ;)"- J.F. / Facebook / Mar 27, 2018
The Patient Experience
At your first appointment, you will see one of our dentists for a private consultation. At this time, you can share your previous experiences and discuss any anxiety you may be having. Together, you will come up with a plan to keep you in control, avoid pain, and get you through your treatment so that you can have the smile you've always wanted.
In the past we've found these things can help you relax and begin to enjoy going to the dentist:
- The Raised Hand Promise - many dental fears begin when a patient felt like they were not in control during their treatment. In our office, you are always in control. Our dentists make the promise that if you raise your hand, they will stop immediately. At that point, you can let us know if you're uncomfortable, stressed, or need something. We can resolve the issue and continue when you're ready.
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) - Nitrous Oxide is gas that helps you relax. You will feel slightly euphoric and maybe a little sleepy. The best part of using Nitrous, is that once the gas is stopped, you return to normal with no after effects. It is possible for you to drive yourself to and from your appointment.
- Sound Reducing Headphones - Many people are bothered by the sound of the drill and other noises that go along with dental procedures. Headphones can help drown out the sound as well as let you zone-out to your favorite tunes or entertainment using our Pandora/Netflix/Hulu options.
- Neck/Back Pillows, Warm Blankets, Paraffin Handwax, Aromatherapy - Often, people have a hard time getting comfortable in the dental chair or find that they are cold due to anxiety. We have lots of aids to help you relax and even feel like you are at the spa!
- Special Requests and Suggestions - We are always looking for new ways to help patients enjoy coming to the dentist. Please let us know if there is anything you think might help.
Sometimes, patients feel like there is no way they could even walk into a treatment room without severe anxiety, and those feelings have kept them from getting the care they need. In these cases, Conscience Sedation will help.
Conscience Sedation is done with medication that is taken orally before and sometimes during your treatment. These medications have long standing safety records and we will monitor your breathing and heart rate during your treatment.
To see if Conscience Sedation is right for you, please give us a call at 404-255-6782 or hit the contact button above for a complimentary consultation.
Relax, We've Got You!
At Start Smiling Dental in Sandy Springs, GA, we understand that anxiety about dental procedures and the aversion that accompanies the fear are very serious issues. The good news is that we've helped many patients get past this and we can help you too.
If you suffer from fear of the dentist or dental procedures we would be happy to speak confidentially with you, help to address your specific fears and develop a course of action for anxiety relief and pain prevention. Give us a call at 404-255-6782 or hit the contact button above for a complimentary dental anxiety consultation.
Let's get you out of pain and into the smile you've always wanted!
Plan Your Procedure
The Covid Clench & Grind: It's not the latest TikTok dance!
It sounds like the latest TikTok Dance, but it's actually a reaction to stress.Read
Your Safety is Our Priority - Introducing Synexis!
Covid-19 should not prevent you from receiving dental care! Start Smiling Dental goes beyond the recommendations to keep you safe.Read
Will Dental Insurance Cover the Treatment You Need?
We're happy to file your dental insurance and let them send the payment to our office! Give us a call and we can help you navigate your benefits.Read
How to Overcome Your Dental Anxiety & Start Smiling Again!
Start Smiling Dental specializes in making your dental visits stress-free, comfortable, and according to our patients - enjoyable.Read