Dental Fear & Anxiety
Whether you’ve had a scary dental office experience as a child or you simply were born with an inherent fear of the dentist, dental anxiety is real, common, and can keep you from having the healthy, beautiful smile that you want. Start Smiling Dental in Sandy Springs, GA can help. In fact, we specialize in it!
Overcoming Your Dentistry Fear Reviews
"I had a fabulous visit today at Start Smiling Dental, and that's saying a lot from someone whose least favorite activity is going to the dentist! Where were these people when I was a child? I've already booked my next appointment and took extra cards to hand out to my friends. They definitely get 5 stars!"- R.B. / Google / May 05, 2017
"My first visit today and everyone there seems nice. They have a massaging chair at the lobby, next time I will come earlier to use it longer. They also gave me a hand wax treatment as a perk. This place is awesome!"- J.T. / Google / Mar 05, 2017
"Great cleaning! I'm terrified of going to the dentist for any reason, but my cleaning was quick and terror free! Thanks..."- D.C. / Google / Apr 05, 2017
"It was my first time going to Dr. Sayeg. And it was great. I'm what he said is referred to as a "Fearful Patient" which I sure am. Dr. Sayeg and his team made every attempt to put me at ease with the process and with the procedure I was about to have. I only had my X-rays taken and my teeth cleaning done, and I felt very comfortable throughout and felt like I was in great hands with his team. I have a couple of fillings and a root canal to do and I'm Definitely gonna do it here...no doubt about it."- G.M. / Yelp / Jul 26, 2017
"The most spa-like dental appointment I've ever experienced! The staff at Start Smiling Dental are very friendly and always showing off their pearly whites. Dr. Cherof is very personable and takes his time to really meet the new patients. Tanya and Heather were excellent as well."- M.H. / Facebook / Apr 22, 2017
The Patient Experience
At your first appointment, you will see one of our dentists for a private consultation. At this time, you can share your previous experiences and discuss any anxiety you may be having. Together, you will come up with a plan to keep you in control, avoid pain, and get you through your treatment so that you can have the smile you've always wanted.
In the past we've found these things can help you relax and begin to enjoy going to the dentist:
- The Raised Hand Promise - many dental fears begin when a patient felt like they were not in control during their treatment. In our office, you are always in control. Our dentists make the promise that if you raise your hand, they will stop immediately. At that point, you can let us know if you're uncomfortable, stressed, or need something. We can resolve the issue and continue when you're ready.
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) - Nitrous Oxide is gas that helps you relax. You will feel slightly euphoric and maybe a little sleepy. The best part of using Nitrous, is that once the gas is stopped, you return to normal with no after effects. It is possible for you to drive yourself to and from your appointment.
- Sound Reducing Headphones - Many people are bothered by the sound of the drill and other noises that go along with dental procedures. Headphones can help drown out the sound as well as let you zone-out to your favorite tunes or entertainment using our Pandora/Netflix/Hulu options.
- Neck/Back Pillows, Warm Blankets, Paraffin Handwax, Aromatherapy - Often, people have a hard time getting comfortable in the dental chair or find that they are cold due to anxiety. We have lots of aids to help you relax and even feel like you are at the spa!
- Special Requests and Suggestions - We are always looking for new ways to help patients enjoy coming to the dentist. Please let us know if there is anything you think might help.
Sometimes, patients feel like there is no way they could even walk into a treatment room without severe anxiety, and those feelings have kept them from getting the care they need. In these cases, Conscience Sedation will help.
Conscience Sedation is done with medication that is taken orally before and sometimes during your treatment. These medications have long standing safety records and we will monitor your breathing and heart rate during your treatment.
To see if Conscience Sedation is right for you, please give us a call at 404-255-6782 or hit the contact button above for a complimentary consultation.
Relax, We've Got You!
At Start Smiling Dental in Sandy Springs, GA, we understand that anxiety about dental procedures and the aversion that accompanies the fear are very serious issues. The good news is that we've helped many patients get past this and we can help you too.
If you suffer from fear of the dentist or dental procedures we would be happy to speak confidentially with you, help to address your specific fears and develop a course of action for anxiety relief and pain prevention. Give us a call at 404-255-6782 or hit the contact button above for a complimentary dental anxiety consultation.
Let's get you out of pain and into the smile you've always wanted!