About Tooth Extractions
Our dental team is focused on preventative oral healthcare, however, there are times when circumstances will lead to the need for a tooth extraction. Reasons for tooth extraction can include trauma resulting in the severe damage of a tooth, decayed or diseased teeth that are no longer salvageable, or wisdom teeth that are becoming uncomfortable.
Start Smiling Dental in Sandy Springs, GA understands that the idea of a tooth extraction can be intimidating. Dr. Mark Sayeg has had extensive training in making sure you are kept comfortable during the procedure and the visit is a quick as possible.
If you believe you may need a tooth removed, give our office a call at 404-255-6782 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you Start Smiling again!
Tooth Extraction Reviews
"The best. Extraction w/no pain. Highly recommended."- K.C. / Facebook / Mar 05, 2017
"Another fantastic dental experience with Dr. Cherof. I always have complete confidence in all of my treatments and procedures. I can sit back, relax, and know I'm in good hands. Wonderful staff too!!"- A.M. / Google / Mar 05, 2017
"My dental care has been in the hands of the folks at Start Smiling for many years. I have always found them to be capable, reliable, and eager to help. I could not recommend them highly enough to express my appreciation for their excellent service over the years."- A. / Google / Mar 05, 2017
Keeping You Comfortable
Start Smiling Dental specializes in keeping you comfortable during your treatment. If you find you are nervous about the procedure these services might help:
- Topical Anesthetic - Given before any injectable anesthetic so that you don't have any discomfort during the shot
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) - A harmless gas that gives you a sleepy, slightly euphoric feeling. As soon as the procedure is over, you are back to normal and even able to drive yourself home.
- Headphones - Help reduce the noises associated with dental treatment or allow you to listen to music to distract you.
- Blankets, Neck & Back Pillow - Keep you warm and comfortable during your appointment
- For extreme anxiety, conscience sedation might be an option
A tooth extraction is a minor surgical procedure so you will want to make a few aftercare plans before your appointment.
- In most cases you will be able to drive yourself home after your treatment, but plan on taking it easy for the remainder of the day.
- You will want to avoid any heavy lifting or exercising for about 24 hours
- Have plenty of soft foods and liquids on hand. You will want to avoid any foods with small particals such as rice, popcorn, etc..
- You will not be able to smoke for 24 hours to avoid disturbing the clotting process and resulting in a painful "dry socket"
- Have salt on hand for warm salt-water rinses.
The cost of an extraction can vary depending on the severity and difficulty of the procedure. If you feel you may need a tooth extraction, give our office a call at 404-255-6782 to schedule an exam and let us give you an accurate estimate. We look forward to helping you Start Smiling again!
Insurance: Dental Insurance usually covers a portion of your Dental Extraction procedures. If you'd like us to research what your benefits will be in our office, give our insurance experts a call at 404-255-6782.
Start Smiling Dental offers several payment plans and long term financing through Care Credit and Lending Club. We will work hard to help you fit the treatment you need and want into your budget!
Plan Your Procedure
Remove and Restore
Whether you need your wisdom teeth removed or you need an emergency extraction after a trauma or injury, please contact our helpful staff to learn more about your options. We can help you with simple or surgical extractions to improve your health.